Missed anything last week? Catch up with everything we talked about with our weekly roundup.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 21 October 2013
- Windows RT 8.1 update pulled after it gives tablets the blue screen of death
- Facebook ban sought for 15-year-old who ambushed and beat autistic child
- Online child abuse study examines nasty new trends including sextortion
- Chrome support for XP to continue after Microsoft ditches it - helpful, or dangerous?
- Fake BlackBerry BBM apps *still* in Google Play Store, one month after failed official release
Tuesday 22 October 2013
- Facebook re-allows the posting of decapitation videos with 'WARNING'
- SSCC 120 - Vulnerabilities, backdoors, crypto done right, and crypto done wrong [PODCAST]
- Doctors disabled wireless in Dick Cheney's pacemaker to thwart hacking
- Facebook and Twitter musings give employers a peek into our real selves, research finds
Wednesday 23 October 2013
- Warrantless GPS tracking of vehicles is unconstitutional, US court rules
- OS X Mavericks - optional OS upgrade or critical security fix?
- Young drivers are especially vulnerable to 'ghost brokers'
- Security begins at home - how to do a "back to basics" security overhaul on your family network
- Apple releases iOS 7.0.3 - fixes yet more lockscreen holes, including a call-anybody bug
- Cyber criminals have no borders, so neither should we
Thursday 24 October 2013
- Twitter troll arrested for allegedly threatening US baseball team, execs and even their home field
- Wikipedia sockpuppet saga threatens users' trust of the service
- Apple's iCloud iConundrum - does convenience mean insecurity?
Friday 25 October 2013
- Police discover 3D printer parts, suspect gun making factory
- Developer's computer seized because he called himself a hacker
- Is your smartphone broadcasting your movements when you shop?
- Anatomy of an exploit - inside the CVE-2013-3893 Internet Explorer zero-day - Part 2
Saturday 26 October 2013
- Is that a GUN, or are you just upgrading the printer? - 60 Sec Security [VIDEO]
- 12-year-old Canadian boy admits to hacking police and government sites for Anonymous
- WordPress 3.7 with automatic security updating is out now
Monday 28 October 2013
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.