Filed Under: Cryptography, Featured, Podcast, Social networks, Windows

It's April the First, and we thought we'd celebrate the day with something a bit different.

So instead of doing an April Fool, we've gone for some April Fun.

We took three recent computer security stories, and turned them into poems!

More precisely, we turned them into rhyming verse. Doggerel, in fact.

So, with apologies to the great Canadian versifier, Mr Robert William Service, we bring you:

Have fun - you can listen (they're only about a minute each), or just read then to yourself below:

(Audio player above not working for you? Download to listen offline, or listen on Soundcloud.)

Click on the poems to go to the articles they refer to. You can also view the poems in text form.

Click to read: "Where have all the Bitcoins gone?"

Click to read: "Snapchat images that have disappeared forever stay right on your phone..."

Click to read: "The Final Countdown - Windows XP end of support popup has started"

Image of cartoon cybercrook with swag-bag courtesy of Shutterstock.

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Bitcoin, Snapchat and XP as you've never heard them before - special coverage for April the First!

1. slipstream · 182 days ago

>Doggerel

...is it bad that I read it as "dogerel"?

wow, such poetry.

• Paul Ducklin · 182 days ago

Apparently, the word "doggerel" is derived from "dog," as are "doggy" and "doge," so I suppose it's not _that_ bad a mistake...

...on second thoughts, yes. It's bad. Dogdgy, in fact.

2. Brilliant! :D

• Paul Ducklin · 182 days ago

Thank you, Sir!

I love to hear a reader say/They had some fun with us today/It makes this writing lark worthwhile/To know that we made someone smile.

• Makes me happy to hear that too.
        To make you even happier, it makes me happy reading Naked Security every day.

3. Gil Favor · 182 days ago

You forgot to end with "Burma Shave". Oh, wait...that's an American cultural phenomenon. Never mind.

Anyhow, you made this reader smile.

• Paul Ducklin · 182 days ago

I AM AWARE/OF HIGHWAY VERSE/THAT TELLS A STORY/CRISP AND TERSE - BURMA SHAVE

How I wish I'd thought of it before :-)

• Steve · 180 days ago

You never cease to amaze me. Nor to amuse me. :-)
        Thanks again!

Paul Ducklin is a passionate security proselytiser. (That's like an evangelist, but more so!) He lives and breathes computer security, and would be happy for you to do so, too. Paul won the inaugural AusCERT Director's Award for Individual Excellence in Computer Security in 2009. Follow him on Twitter: @duckblog