Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days - it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 7 April 2014
- Fancy a free upgrade from XP to Windows 8.1? Here's how...
- The 'Privacy Dinosaur' urges Facebook users to check their privacy settings
- 8 charged in AT&T ID theft fraud case, including outsourced contractor
- Microsoft Xbox pwned by 5-year-old security researcher
Tuesday 8 April 2014
- Anatomy of a data leakage bug - the OpenSSL "heartbleed" buffer overflow
- Match.com Lothario cons woman out of her retirement savings
- Triathlon camera drone falls out of the sky, owner claims it was hacked
Wednesday 9 April 2014
- Facebook will show more on-screen privacy setting explanations
- "David vs Goliath & Godzilla" - Hollywood files lawsuit against Megaupload
- Google takes down fake anti-virus app that duped 10,000 users on Play Store
- Facebook data scraped, people profiled as "jerks" and scammed by Jerk.com, FTC says
- Patch Tuesday April 2014 - XP's last breath
Thursday 10 April 2014
- SSCC 142 - Heartbleed explained, Patches assessed, Apple chastised [PODCAST]
- Sending a "Heartbleed" password reset email? Please don't include a login link!
- Proposed law seeks to make retailers financially responsible for data breaches
- "Heartbleed heartache" - should you REALLY change all your passwords right away?
Friday 11 April 2014
- $50 million Carder.su thief pleads guilty
- In-flight WiFi providers go above and beyond to help feds spy on us
Saturday 12 April 2014
Listen to the week's Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.Follow @NakedSecurity