Naked Security is Sophos's award-winning threat news room, giving you news, opinion, advice and research on computer security issues and the latest internet threats.
Subscribe to the Naked Security daily newsletter
Sign up to receive a daily email update from us. The newsletter includes daily headlines so you can choose which stories interest you at a glance.
Join us on Facebook
Over 200,000 people have joined our Facebook community, sharing news of the latest security threats with each other and exchanging advice and best practices.
Follow us on Twitter
or, you can follow our individual authors:
Subscribe to our RSS feed
Get up-to-the-minute notification on our latest articles by subscribing to Naked Security's RSS feed via FeedBurner.
Check out our awards
- February 2014: Naked Security won "The Blog That Best Represents The Security Industry" at the RSA Security Bloggers meetup.
- April 2013: Naked Security won "Best Overall Security Blog" at the EU Security Bloggers meetup.
- April 2013: Naked Security won "Best Corporate Security Blog" at the EU Security Bloggers meetup.
- February 2013: Naked Security won "Best Corporate Security Blog" at the RSA Security Bloggers meetup.
- March 2012: The Naked Security team won "Best Corporate Security Blog" at the RSA Security Bloggers meetup.
- February 2011: SC Magazine named Naked Security writer Graham Cluley "Best Security Blogger" at their awards in San Francisco.
- February 2011: Naked Security was named "Most Educational Security Blog" at the RSA Security Bloggers meetup.
- November 2010: the Naked Security team won the title of "Best IT Security Blog" at the prestigious Computer Weekly Blog Awards, sponsored by IBM.
If you have a concern about any posting or comment being factually incorrect, please contact us. Please provide details of who you are, how we can contact you, what your interest is, and what your concern is. If something has been written that is factually incorrect, it will be addressed. Anonymous complaints will be ignored.
Got a story for us?
If you think you've stumbled across a new piece of malware, a dodgy scam, or just want to say hi, we would love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can't promise to respond in person to every tip we receive, but we do read them all and write about as many as we can.
And lastly, a big, squishy thank you to all our readers!