If you follow technology gossip, you probably saw the fuss kicked up last week by a Seattle resident called Nick Starr, who went into a local 24-hour diner wearing Google Glasses.
Briefly put, the restaurant said, "No!"
Chet and Duck dig into the good and bad of the week's news, from the amusing "Happy Hour Virus", through Twitter's implementation of forward secrecy, to LG's data-grabbing TVs and the company's unamusingly casual attitude...
The story of LG's "data stealing" TVs continues to twist and turn, with LG now on its third version of what happened, and why.
LG is sorry for the confusion caused by reports of problems, but not for the problems themselves - in fact, it doesn't seem to think they're a problem at all...
Tesco, the UK's largest supermarket chain, is set to install facial recognition technology in all 450 of its petrol station forecourts.
How do you copy fingerprints? Which is the most trustworthy browser? Who will use Facebook for payments? How long does an email address live?
Satisfy your curiosity with this week's 60 Second Security!
The European Commission is hoping to restore trust and growth in the data-driven economy with new cross-national data protection laws.
Research from the University of Vienna has found that 48.3% of those who left Facebook did so because of concerns over privacy.
A new study finds that privacy is more of a concern for smartphone users than screen size, phone brand, weight, or camera resolution.
Meanwhile, 80% of users won't download apps they don't trust. (Hurray! Let us now nag the other 20%.)
Google is stepping up efforts to toughen data encryption in an effort to limit unofficial snooping on user information in the wake of the revelations about the NSA and PRISM.
Yahoo's first Transparency Report shows the US makes the most data requests, predictably as most Yahoo users live there. But which countries are going on fishing expeditions, asking Yahoo for data which doesn't exist or making requests without the proper legal justification?
Why did Facebook get into double trouble this week over privacy?
Find out the answer to this and more in just 60 seconds of entertaining and informative video!
Yesterday an article posted online suggested that putting photos and other information about your children on the internet was "robbing [them] of a digital adulthood that’s free of bias and presupposition". Then another article hit back, arguing that social media is a way of bringing fractured communities together again. But what do you think?
Reality TV mother-of-eight Kate Gosselin sues husband for "hacking" email, phone, revealing private info
Kate Gosselin, who appeared in a reality TV docusoap about her life with her eight children, including sextuplets, is suing her husband for allegedly hacking into her personal email account, her phone and her bank account, as well as stealing a hard drive full of personal files including family photos.
Surprise! First ever Facebook "Government Requests" report reveals the most inquisitive authorities...
Facebook has released its first ever Global Government Requests Report, listing all the national authorities that have requested access to information on its users.
Don't want "the man" to know about it? Don't share it!
The Internet Engineering Task Force is planning changes to the fundamental protocol that powers the web to make it more resistant to surveillance.