Here you go. All the stories we wrote in the past seven days, in case you missed anything (or just want to read them again).
• How do you compare to Steve Wozniak? Take our survey…
• Google has been accused of many things, but KILLING A DONKEY?
• Security team fails to check logs, lets man outsource own job
• The man who steals phones in Vegas – pinpointed precisely
Hacking and scams
• Doctor Who’s Amy Pond has her Twitter hacked
• Phishing against MSN/Hotmail users – new year, old tricks
• Anonymous avenges Aaron Swartz, attacks MIT and DoJ websites
• Phishers go after Google passwords via Red Cross website
Law and order
• Texas student appeals court order to wear RFID tracking badge
• “Aaron’s Law” would de-fang Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
• Ridiculous redaction of FISA snooping law released
• Indian two-factor authentication fraudsters busted
Malware and exploits
• Fake anti-virus attack spread via bogus ADP anti-fraud emails
• Beware! Malicious Europcar invoice emails spread Trojan
• Technical paper: Deeper inside the Blackhole exploit kit
• Malware attack! “You have received a secure message”
• War of words continues over Linksys router access exploit
• Polish CERT acts against Virut malware with domain takedowns
OS and software
• Microsoft to release emergency patch for IE zero day
• DHS-sponsored CERT team says to disable browser Java if you can
• Fun with statistics: Who hates Java the most?
• Yet ANOTHER Java zero-day claimed
• Firefox update 18 gets an update, but no security problems
• Java hacker boasts of finding two more unpatched holes
Privacy and online safety
• Canada Student Loans borrowers in giant data breach
• Neil Tennant of Pet Shop Boys has NOT died in a car crash
• Medical group fined $140K for tossing health records into dump
• Facebook’s Graph Search – are you cynical, cautious or excited?
• How Twitter users can fake a verified account – and how to tell
• OKCupid app, Crazy Blind Date, peeks into your privates
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything? You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.
Days of the week image from Shutterstock.