In case you missed any recent stories, here’s everything we wrote in the last seven days.
• How do you know if an anti-virus test is any good?
• Vote for Naked Security in the European Security Blogger Awards!
• Sophos Techknow – Two-factor Authentication [PODCAST]
Hacking and scams
• Anatomy of a phish – how to spot a Man-in-the-Middle attack, and other security tips
• FAA and security researchers at odds over airplane hack security
• Syrian Electronic Army hacks NPR, vandalizes headlines
• Uncool hacker blamed for unrevealing swimsuit photos of singer Victoria Justice
Law and order
• Hosting company Hostgator hacked, suspect arrested after being “rooted with his own rootkit”
• Pirate Bay co-founder charged with hacking offences, attempt to steal money from bank accounts
• Hacker pleads guilty to attacks on UK Police, Oxbridge university websites
Malware and exploits
• Warning! Hackers are exploiting Texas explosion news to spread malware
• Sick malware authors exploit Boston Marathon bombing with Trojan attack
• Goodbye to spam, er, @spam, on Twitter
• Facebook launches privacy campaign to protect teens
• Seriously folks, you should know that Facebook warning about a virus *burning* your hard disk is bunk
OS and software
• Apple updates Safari, gives better control over Java applets
• Oracle and Apple ship critical Java updates – get yours today!
• Researcher rewarded over $30,000 for nailing three Chrome OS security flaws
Privacy and online safety
• 8 tips for a security incident handling plan
• You won’t believe how crazy this password infomercial is (and neither did Ellen DeGeneres)
• Snapchat sexting spam – how to stop messages from Honey Crush 9 and her friends
• How to plan what will happen to your private Google data after you die
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.
Days of the week image from Shutterstock.