Catch up with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
• Branch office security in the spotlight
• Keyjacking, Ubisoft data breach, Apple QuickTime holes – 60 Sec Security [VIDEO]
• SSCC 112 – Keyjacking, Facebook and Opera breaches, Apple’s WPA passwords [PODCAST]
Hacking and scams
• Ubisoft customers told “change your passwords *now*”
Law and order
• Google’s $6m SMS spam suit nearing payout time
• AT&T hacker and internet troll ‘Weev’ appeals 41-month prison sentence
• US rule broadens to protect children’s online privacy, leaves developers with questions
• Romney blackmail scam – ‘Dr Evil’ extortion suspect charged
• Retired, top-ranking US military officer is now Stuxnet leak suspect
• FDA shutters 1,677 illegal online pharmacies
Malware and exploits
• Cryptocat ‘encrypted’ group chats may have been crackable for 7 months
• The four seasons of Glazunov: digging further into Sibhost and Flimkit
• Can Facebook updates predict suicide?
OS and software
• Anatomy of a buffer overflow – learning from Apple’s latest security update
Privacy and online safety
• ACLU: Cops should have a tougher time sucking up 7 months of mobile phone data
• US Army blocks access to The Guardian’s coverage of NSA surveillance
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.
Days of the week image from Shutterstock.