In case you missed any recent stories, here’s everything we wrote in the last seven days.
• Data Breach Week, SIMs cracked, carders busted – 60 Sec Security [VIDEO]
• A new place to chat about security threats
• Who is SophosLabs: James Wyke, Senior Threat Researcher
Hacking and scams
• Stanford University hacked, becomes latest data breach victim
• Viber admits to swallowing ‘Syrian Electronic Army’ phishing bait
• Lakeland hacked and passwords reset, customers advised to change passwords elsewhere
• Apple takes Dev Center down for days, finally admits, “We got owned!”
• Ibrahim Balic takes credit for Apple Dev Centre “attack”, but will he shoulder the blame?
• Ubuntu users, relax: the gun-toting penguin says s/he means no harm
Law and order
• Ransomware tricks child sex abuse image addict into turning self in to cops
• Five Gonzalez sidekicks charged with massive 160 million credit card number theft
• DHS to set up $6 billion one-stop security shop for government agencies
• Why must political chiefs keep pushing the cyberwar alert button?
• Rooting SIM cards – BlackHat speaker says he may be able to “own your phone” with a text message
• Happy System Administrator Appreciation Day!
• Worst things to say to a sysadmin [POLL]
• Sysadmin day? *SYSADMIN DAY*? Angry techie takes against Naked Security…
• Help a sysadmin: Common ground for security professionals and system administrators
Privacy and online safety
• Normal humans – aka “non-celebrities” – are telling Big Brother to go stick his head in a sack
• Will web censorship plans make your kids safer? [POLL]
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.
Days of the week image from Shutterstock.