In case you missed any stories over the last seven days, here’s our weekly catch up.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 14 October 2013
- Facebook's "Who can look up your timeline by name" privacy tool bites the dust
- Microsoft "failed update" phish might well sound believable – watch out!
- Two telemetry projects should mean better testing and fewer false alarms
- Hackers left Adobe source code sitting on unprotected server
Tuesday 15 October 2013
- Yahoo (finally!) to make SSL encryption the default for webmail
- US cities increasingly ignoring privacy, gobbling up data on residents
- D-Link router flaw lets anyone login through "Joel's Backdoor"
- How to remove your face from Google's upcoming Shared Endorsement ads
Wednesday 16 October 2013
- Snapchat admits sharing images with US law enforcement
- 5 tips for hiring security-savvy IT professionals
- Lavabit reopens for brief window to let users get at their data
- Oracle releases 127 security fixes, 51 for Java alone
- 4 free tools for Cyber Security Awareness Month – and beyond!
Thursday 17 October 2013
- Dirty Dozen spam sending nations – find where you finished in our Q3 SPAMPIONSHIP chart
- Conservationists fear hacking of GPS collar data to cyberpoach rare tigers
- Two girls arrested after one allegedly brags on Facebook about cyber bullying suicide victim
- Organised drug gangs increasingly hooking up with hackers, warns Europol
- Twitter introducing new direct message options – to combat spam or invite more?
Friday 18 October 2013
- Making phishing more complex – on purpose
- Encouraging the next generation of cyber security experts
- How to risk your job in 7 security mistakes
- Security education cuts both ways – why marketers need retraining too
- Breach at PR Newswire linked to Adobe exploit
- CryptoLocker ransomware – see how it works, learn about prevention, cleanup and recovery
- Teens can now post publicly on Facebook. Should it be allowed? [POLL]
Saturday 19 October 2013
- Facebook privacy, Google ads, D-Link security, CryptoLocker ransom – 60 Sec Security [VIDEO]
- SSCC 119.5 – Tips for online safety from security expert Rob Slade
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.Follow @NakedSecurity