Sophos Security Chet Chat – Episode 128 – Dec 31, 2013
News, opinion, advice and research!
The Chet Chat is produced weekly in a quarter-hour format, and gives you an informative and entertaining take on the latest security news.
Stories covered in Chet Chat Episode 128
- CryptoLocker ransomware – see how it works, learn about prevention, cleanup and recovery
- CryptoLocker ransomware crooks offer “late payment penalty” option
- PRISM: 50% of Americans approve of NSA’s internet spying program
- PRISM – not as bad as you thought? (And don’t call it PRISM!)
- Target confirms: Crooks may have spent holiday shopping season feasting on 40m filched payment cards
- Sophos Techknow – The End of XP [PODCAST]
- Hack of online dating site Cupid Media exposes 42 million plaintext passwords
- Anatomy of a password disaster – Adobe’s giant-sized cryptographic blunder
- Anatomy of a security hole – Google’s “Android Master Key” debacle explained
- Anatomy of another Android hole – Chinese researchers claim new code verification bypass
- Anatomy of a file format problem – yet another code verification bypass in Android
- WhatsApp mobile messaging app in the firing line again over cryptographic blunder
- The OpenSSL software bug that saves you from surveillance!