Catch up with everything we wrote in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 6 January 2014
- "Followup phish" targets possible victims of last month's JP Morgan Chase card breach
- Should we care if over a million schoolkids have been fingerprinted?
- Rapper 50 Cent faces lawsuit for posting sex video without permission
- Watch out! Facebook is NOT closing in March – please don't spread the hoax!
Tuesday 7 January 2014
- Have we seen the end of the ZeroAccess botnet?
- Cop installs keylogger on his wife's sensitive work computer, gets probation. Does the punishment fit the crime?
- SSCC 129 – Hypervisors, apologies, backdoors and Twitter hacks [PODCAST]
- Secretive US spy court once again OKs NSA phone record collection
Wednesday 8 January 2014
- Cyber-bullying is on the rise, but so is cyber-counselling, says report
- New Year's #sophoscrossword 2013/2014: And the winners are…
- Facebook is a bad way to rate potential employees, study finds
- Man and woman admit to trolling journalist behind Jane Austen bank note
Thursday 9 January 2014
- Snapchat blurts out the S-word
- Stalker-friendly app, NameTag, uses facial recognition to look you up online
- Sophos Techknow – Understanding Botnets [PODCAST]
- Hacker Guccifer's latest star-studded data bounty included script for 'Downton Abbey' finale
- Malware suspected in Japanese nuclear plant control room – but don't panic
- 82% of enterprise Mac users not getting security updates
Friday 10 January 2014
- Just how secure is that mobile banking app?
- How secure is your network? Take the test…
- Yahoo makes good on its promise to enable HTTPS by default for Yahoo Mail
- Teenage white-hat hacks site, reports security hole, gets reported to police
Saturday 11 January 2014
- Target's data breach MUCH bigger than first thought – now more than 100,000,000 records
- Snapchat, Yahoo, Mavericks and T-shirts – 60 Sec Security [VIDEO]
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.