Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days - it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 3 March 2014
- Russia Today website hackers tweak headlines, replace with word "Nazi"
- Scareware pusher loses appeal against epic $163 million fine [POLL]
- Popular platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, aiding illegal gun sales
Tuesday 4 March 2014
- Our brains work hard to spot phishing scams, but still often fail
- Twitter screws up, accidentally sends deluge of password-reset messages
- Anatomy of an Apple theft protection bypass - and how to avoid it
- US girl loses her father's $80K settlement after boasting about win on Facebook
Wednesday 5 March 2014
- SSCC 137 - Apple, rootkits, hacking and data breach laws [PODCAST]
- Man guilty of "fixing" women's computers to spy on them via webcam
- Meetup.com DDoSed by extortionist, refuses to pay ransom
- "Girl killed herself" Facebook scam - be aware before you Share!
Thursday 6 March 2014
- Target CIO Beth Jacob resigns in breach aftermath
- Smucker's online store gets stuck in thieves' web
- Barrett Brown hyperlink charges dropped
- Where have all the Bitcoins gone?
Friday 7 March 2014
- Privacy groups lodge complaint over Facebook's acquisition of Whatsapp
- The Final Countdown - Windows XP end of support popup has started
- 1 in 30 have been hit by CryptoLocker and 40% pay the ransom, says study
Saturday 8 March 2014
Sunday 9 March 2014
Listen to the week's Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.Follow @NakedSecurity