It’s weekly roundup time!
Here’s all the great stuff we’ve written in the past seven days.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 5 May 2014
Tuesday 6 May 2014
- Tweet "#MansionParty," get one #SpectacularlyTrashedMansion
- Cops get serious about cybercrime, and not before time
- Can we trust anyone with our personal info?
- Target CEO resigns, latest executive fallout from card breach
Wednesday 7 May 2014
- SSCC 146 – Target, Microsoft, Dropbox and the mysterious "Webdriver Torso" [PODCAST]
- 87 arrested in the Philippines in bust of sextortion ring
- Apple admits flaw in email attachment encryption on iPhones and iPads
- Dropbox stumbles over security and privacy of secret links
Thursday 8 May 2014
- Snapchat agrees to settlement with FTC over privacy complaints
- Orange bitten by data breach, leaks personal data from promotional messaging server
- Researchers find post-Snowden chill stifling our search terms
- Stolen phone snaps selfie of mystery man who entered wrong PIN
Friday 9 May 2014
- Japanese man arrested for possession of five guns created with 3D printer
- Free Rolling Stones tickets? No, it’s a Facebook scam
- US House committee unanimously votes to rein in NSA, end bulk data collection
- Apple will notify customers when the law demands their personal data
- Bitly breached, gives (shortened) details to customers on blog
Saturday 10 May 2014
Monday 12 May 2014
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything? You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.