60 Second Security:
• How many years was that security hole in the Linux kernel?
• How many security patches did XP get this month?
• How many lock screen holes have now been found in iOS?
• How much do those Google spectacles cost?
(Hint. One of the numbers is greater than 1499.)
All the answers, as usual, in this week’s 60 Sec Security – 17 May 2014.
→ Can’t view the video on this page? Watch directly from YouTube. Can’t hear the audio? Click on the Captions icon for closed captions.
In this episode:
- Linux “got root” kernel bug patched after five years at large
- Patch Tuesday wrap-up, May 2014 – Adobe and Microsoft both patch multiple remotable holes
- “Open the iPhone door, Siri!” – Apple’s digital helper coughs up another lock screen hole
- Google opens up Glass to the US masses for $1,500 a pair