Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 26 May 2014
- Over 100 arrested in FBI Blackshades RAT raids
- FCC net neutrality proposals tackle internet fast lane – why no one is happy
- Android "police warning" ransomware – how to avoid it, and what to do if you get caught
- First Aid for Android: How to unlock your ransomed phone
- Snapchat, AT&T, Amazon = worst privacy protectors says EFF
- Facebook enlists users to pester each other with questions via 'Ask' button
Tuesday 20 May 2014
- Chip-and-PIN should be "Chip-and-Skim," say Cambridge card-cloners
- UK convicts two child abusers who used Facebook to groom victims
- Education data mining puts kids' privacy at risk
- US charges Chinese military officers with cyber espionage
- Fitness apps are a "privacy nightmare", shedding personal data to the highest bidder
Wednesday 21 May 2014
- Chinese government shuns Windows 8 – security, economy or politics?
- eBay becomes the latest online giant to own up to a password breach
- LifeLock pulls Wallet app, says it wasn't compliant with data security standards
- FBI mulls making marijuana users into crack computer security squad
- Facebook rape joke posted by 'hackers', Hooters insists
- SSCC 148 – Cloud privacy policies not related to data security [PODCAST]
Thursday 22 May 2014
- Buzzkill: FBI director says he was joking about hiring weed-smoking hackers
- Facebook wants to listen in on your TV and music
- SourceForge's turn to reset passwords – this time in a good cause!
- Weev invoices feds for 'kidnapping' him for 3 years
- Facebook introduces Bullying Prevention Centre for UK, Europe
Friday 23 May 2014
- 'Hack-proof' drone revealed by Pentagon
- Facebook finally makes public sharing 'opt-in' for new users, gives everyone else more controls
- Apple Safari 7.0.4 closes 22 holes, including 21 listed under "arbitrary code execution"
Saturday 24 May 2014
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.