It’s weekly roundup time!
Here’s all the great stuff we’ve written in the past seven days.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 30 June 2014
- Apple ships updates, including Snow Leopard (ONLY KIDDING!)
- 4 password mistakes small companies make and how to avoid them
- From the Labs: PlugX – the next generation
- Payment card survey – where does your country sit on the fraud list?
- Facebook's facing a losing battle to protect users' privacy
Tuesday 1 July 2014
- Facebook shrugs as 'emotional contagion' research outrages its users
- Microsoft stops Patch Tuesday emails, blames Canada, then does U-turn
- Google looks to make OpenPGP easier for Gmail users
Wednesday 2 July 2014
- Did Facebook's emotion experiment break the law? ICO probes
- Anatomy of a buffer overflow – Google's "KeyStore" security module for Android
- Supreme Court refuses to drag Google out of its Street View privacy wreckage
- Ex-boyfriend avoids jail for posting offensive update on woman's Facebook account
Thursday 3 July 2014
- Facebook's experiment on users – what would it take for you to finally quit? [POLL]
- Remote access breach via POS system sparks yet more consumer data leak fears
- Microsoft takes down No-IP DNS domains in cybercrime fight – right or wrong? [POLL]
- EFF sues NSA over hoarding of zero days
Friday 4 July 2014
- SEA hacks Israeli Defence Force Twitter account, posts bogus nuclear warning
- Russia's latest internet law proposal – anti-NSA, or pro-FSB?
- SSCC 154: Fraud, viruses, patches and encryption (in that order!) [PODCAST]
- Coinbase wallet app in SSL/TLS SNAFU
Saturday 5 July 2014
Sunday 6 July 2014
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything? You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.