Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 21 July 2014
- SoHo routers to get hacker-style scrutiny in return for "awesome" prizes
- Apple and Google told to stop misleading consumers about 'free' apps
- Shopping site reports 3-year-old data breach
- Jailed Apple phishing duo also imported pickpockets and cloned credit cards
- New York proposes strict regulations for Bitcoin
Tuesday 22 July 2014
- 500,000-per-day SMS spammer gets just £4,000 fine
- Dirty Dozen Spampionship – which country is spewing the most spam?
- Your Gmail account is fair game for cops or feds, says US judge
- New search engine Indexeus unmasks malicious hackers
Wednesday 23 July 2014
- SSCC 157 – Routers, Browsers, Zombies and Sysadmins [PODCAST]
- Google given 18 months to change its handling of user data
- iSpy? Researcher exposes backdoor in iPhones and iPads
- Firefox 31 has arrived – 11 bulletins, 3 critical, 0 visual surprises
- Car hackers build anti-car-hacking gadget
- "Rickmote" box Rickrolls Chromecast, forcibly earworms hapless victims
Thursday 24 July 2014
- Android app market pirates busted by FBI
- Hacker claims breach of Wall Street Journal and Vice
- eBay's StubHub ransacked for over $1 million, international crime ring arrested
Friday 25 July 2014
- A Sysmas Carol – singing the praises of sysadmins everywhere!
- Sony offers games as part of $15m Playstation Network breach settlement
- Firefox slams Chrome again in our trustworthy browser poll
- Happy SysAdminDay!
- What's the worst thing you can say to a sysadmin? [POLL]
- A day in the life of a Sophos SysAdmin
- Android "FBI Lock" malware – how to avoid paying the ransom
- Cat stalker knows where your kitty lives (and it's your fault)
Saturday 26 July 2014
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.