Catch up with everything we wrote in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 18 August 2014
- Shark attack! Google wraps underwater cables in Kevlar-like vests
- How will you pay for the internet of the future?
- Microsoft pulls Patch Tuesday kernel update – MS14-045 can cause Blue Screen of Death
Tuesday 19 August 2014
- US Nuclear Regulatory Commission hacked 3 times in 3 years
- US won't release Russian MP's son being held on PoS hacking charges
- Supervalu says it was breached – is it the next Target?
- Twitter injects favourites into newsfeeds, but is it an 'invasion of privacy'?
Wednesday 20 August 2014
- 'Facebook Drug Task Force’ hoax cranks up the paranoia
- Google et al slammed by justice chief over 'right to be forgotten'
- 5 excuses for doing nothing about computer security!
- Delaware passes law to give others access to our e-lives when we die
- Google plans YouTube clean-up, ready for kid customers
Thursday 21 August 2014
- Police push for phone screen locking by default
- Mother tracks down Facebook predator who lured son away from home
- SSCC161 – What do you mean, "Trade him for Edward Snowden"? [PODCAST]
Friday 22 August 2014
- Apple iOS malware gets onto 75,000 iPhones, steals ad clicks
- Facebook given 4 weeks to respond to "largest privacy class action in Europe"
- The UPS Store breach – what went wrong and what UPS got right
- We need to talk about email
- Android users – Sophos needs you (and you could bag a prize)!
Saturday 23 August 2014
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.