Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 25 August 2014
- Silk Road suspect Ross Ulbricht hit with three new drug charges
- Secret Service says "Backoff" malware hit 1000 businesses – 6 tips to keep your data safe
Tuesday 26 August 2014
- "Lizard Squad" hackers force PSN offline and Sony exec from the sky
- Do Not Track – the privacy standard that's melting away
- Duping the machine – the cunning malware that throws off researchers
- 220 million records stolen, 16 arrested in massive South Korean data breach
- Watch out for fake versions of Flappy Bird sequel Swing Copters in Google Play Store!
- How to improve your Twitter security and privacy
Wednesday 27 August 2014
- Social media users don't like discussing Snowden and surveillance online
- "There is no inside" – How to get the most from your firewall
- Linux hits 23 – the Time Machine that changed the world!
- OMG, you would not BELIEVE what Facebook thinks about click-baiting
Thursday 28 August 2014
- Online dating scammer targeted elderly victims out of $1.1million
- Massive cyber attack on oil and energy industry in Norway
- Firefox OS app permissions will give users more privacy than Android
Friday 29 August 2014
- 97,000 Bugzilla email addresses and passwords exposed in another Mozilla leak
- Racing Post let off with stern warning after data breach
- SSCC 162 – What are *you* doing to fight cybercrime in the next 12 months? [PODCAST]
- Facebook wants you to know that Messenger is not spying on you
Saturday 30 August 2014
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.