Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 20 October 2014
- Whisper CTO trashes reports that it tracks even those users who turn off geolocation
- Facebook: Dear DEA, please don't set up fake profiles to trap criminals
- Four online romance scammers jailed – don't get sucked in to Advance Fee Fraud!
Tuesday 21 October 2014
- UK considering imprisoning 'cowardly, venomous trolls' for up to 2 years
- Apple pushes out iOS 8.1 – kills the mobile POODLE and closes some, ahem, "backdoors"
- Facebook prowls the internet looking for your password
- FBI Director James Comey says Apple and Google go "too far" with default encryption
Wednesday 22 October 2014
- OS X Yosemite Wi-Fi problems – can you help us solve them?
- Woman charged with planting spyware on cop's phone
- Is your phone line a '6-figure liability waiting to happen'?
Thursday 23 October 2014
- Google goes beyond two-step verification with new USB Security Key
- SSCC 170 – Is the best time to shop at a store right after it has a breach? [PODCAST]
Friday 24 October 2014
- Hackers who threaten national security could face life sentences
- Has the "Sandworm" zero-day exploit burrowed back to the surface?
- Twitter invites us to say goodbye to passwords, use Digits instead
- How to kill a troll
- Do we really need strong passwords?
Saturday 25 October 2014
Sunday 26 October 2014
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.