Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 3 November 2014
- GATSO! Speed camera phish leads to CryptoLocker ransomware clone…
- Pirate Bay founder Gottfrid Svartholm Warg sentenced to 3.5 years in jail over CSC hack
- College kids still using Snapchat despite 'The Snappening', says report
- HTML5 goes officially live – now you really CAN say goodbye to Java in your browser!
- Police can demand fingerprints but not passcodes to unlock phones, rules judge
Tuesday 4 November 2014
- How to steal a million dollars (actually, $999,999.99) – no PIN required
- Rugby team's site defaced to read 'i love you isis'
Wednesday 5 November 2014
- How to clear out cookies, Flash cookies and local storage
- Government demands for Facebook user data soar by 24%
- SSCC 172 – Ransomware's not dead! [PODCAST]
- 100 Bitcoin bounty slapped onto head of blackmailer who DDoSed Bitalo
- Last Pirate Bay co-founder, Fredrik Neij, arrested crossing Thailand-Laos border
Thursday 6 November 2014
- Navy gunners unphased by "integer overflow bug" concerns
- 3 ways to make your Yahoo Mail account safer
- STD dating site PositiveSingles.com faces $16.5 million fine for sharing user profiles
Friday 7 November 2014
- 53 million email addresses stolen in Home Depot breach
- Alleged operator of Silk Road 2.0 busted, charged in NYC
- Department of Homeland Security employee data breached in "state-sponsored attack"
Saturday 8 November 2014
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.