- What is it?
- How does it work?
- What can we do about it?
Other Techknow episodes you might like
- Sophos Techknow – Firewalls Demystified
- Sophos Techknow – Understanding Botnets
- Sophos Techknow – The End of XP
- Sophos Techknow – Understanding Vulnerabilities
- Sophos Techknow – Two-factor Authentication
- Sophos Techknow – All about Java
- Sophos Techknow – Understanding SSL
- Sophos Techknow – Patching: lead, follow, or get out of the way?
- Sophos Techknow – Busting Password Myths
Find and remove malware with the free Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This is a simple and straightforward tool for Windows users. It works alongside your existing anti-virus to find and get rid of any threats lurking on your computer.
It does its job without requiring you to uninstall your incumbent product first. (Removing your main anti-virus just when you are concerned about infection is risky in its own right.)
Download and run it, wait for it to grab the very latest updates from Sophos, and then let it scan through memory and your hard disk. If it finds any threats, you can click a button to clean them up.