Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Tuesday 6 January 2015
- GamerGate critic 'swatted', about 20 cops go to old address
- The New Year 2014/2015 #sophospuzzle – all the winners, and how to solve it!
- MIT sites defaced in lead-up to anniversary of Aaron Swartz's death
- Hacking group publishes Xbox One SDK, threatens to leak unreleased game builds
Wednesday 7 January 2015
- SSCC 180 – Surely zero-days come from cybercrooks, not from Silicon Valley? [PODCAST]
- Bitstamp loses $5 million in BTC after security breach, suspends service
- Gogo forges YouTube SSL certificate to throttle high-bandwith usage on flights
- FBI in tough competition for cybersecurity talent
- Moonpig takes down customer data-leaking apps after vulnerability found
Thursday 8 January 2015
- Internet of Things is a threat to privacy, says FTC
- "Goldmine for burglars" hole closed in Immobilise national property register
Friday 9 January 2015
- Microsoft discontinues Advance Notification Service, but why?
- Computer scientists "crack" poker
- Zappos data breach: settlement reached
- 'Sloppy' North Korean Sony attackers let their IP addresses slip, says FBI
- Yelp let off the hook after review-gaming complaints
- Thunderstrike – new Mac "ueberrootkit" could own your Apple forever
Saturday 10 January 2015
Sunday 11 January 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.