Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 12 January 2015
- Crackers take over social media accounts of US Central Command
- Phish of the Week – when adjectives just aren't enough
- Police warn of sextortion scam targeting men
- Hackers leak bank emails after extortion attempt fails
- When a prank goes wrong: Student indicted after hacking rival college's calendar
- Microsoft swings punch at Google – accuses Project Zero of a "Gotcha!"
- Former US cybersecurity director gets 25 years for online child abuse
Tuesday 13 January 2015
- Barack Obama calls for stricter data privacy, disclosure laws
- Google flushes 61% of Android users down the security toilet
- Anonymous launches #OpCharlieHebdo, attacks terrorist social media
Wednesday 14 January 2015
- Facebook adds warning labels to graphic videos
- Update Tuesday wrap-up, January 2015 – See? We didn't use the word "Patch"!
- Crayola's Facebook page hijacked, redrawn in NSFW style
- David Cameron wants to ban encrypted apps like iMessage and Whatsapp
- "Obamacare" phishing email leads to banking malware
- Windows 7: Everything new is old again
Thursday 15 January 2015
- Ouch! Home router security "bypass" actually means no security AT ALL
- Insta-sham: Instagram fixes its not-so-private photo bug… well, sort of
- Sextortionist who preyed on teens via Facebook and Skype gets 53 months
- Barack Obama proposes shielding companies that share cyber threat data
- SSCC 181 – The Security Duel: "Bug reports at 15 paces" [PODCAST]
Friday 16 January 2015
- Cops arrest another man after Christmas PlayStation/Xbox DDoS
- US and UK to play "cyber war games" with each other
- Google Glass – going, going, gone…
- Thieves hijack miles from American and United Airlines accounts
- Marriott's stopped blocking your Wi-Fi hotspots
- Hold data on EU citizens? Check if you'll be compliant with the new Data Protection Regulation
- Young Pirate pulls off Wi-Fi privacy prank – sucks in security experts
Saturday 17 January 2015
- Cyberjihadists attack thousands of French websites after Charlie Hebdo massacre
- Pirate Wi-fi is IN DA HOUSE – 60 Sec Security [VIDEO]
Listen to this week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.