Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 19 January 2015
- Why the US was so sure North Korea hacked Sony: it had a front-row seat
- Lizard Squad’s DDoS service hacked, buyers’ details revealed
- Do terrorists use spam to shroud their secrets?
- Hackers for hire? Hacker's List – for those with no ethics or espionage skills
Tuesday 20 January 2015
- Gamergate target Zoe Quinn launches network to battle online harassment
- Does Facebook know you better than your friends and family do?
- Leaked Minecraft usernames and passwords – a storm in a security teacup?
- "Cheaper car insurance" dongle could lead to a privacy wreck
- Police seize robot and its shopping, including drugs, master keys and stash can
Wednesday 21 January 2015
- WhatsApp issues 24 hour ban for WhatsApp Plus users
- Facebook update aims to reduce News Feed hoaxes
- People happily give away their (bad) passwords to TV reporter
- Big bag of fixes: Oracle's Critical Patches for Jan 2015 close 160 holes, 93 remotely exploitable
Thursday 22 January 2015
- If you use either of these WordPress themes update them now
- Whisper editor's out the door after scandal, internal investigation
- SSCC 182 – What would the Pirate Party do? [PODCAST]
Friday 23 January 2015
- Psychological profile-based security – could it work?
- Anonymous journalist Barrett Brown sentenced to 63 months in jail
- How the Obamacare website healthcare.gov leaks private data
- Fake Facebook account case settled with DEA who admits no wrongdoing
- School rule-breakers to hand over Facebook and Twitter passwords
- Silk Road 2.0 deputy arrested after 6-month attack on Tor
- Adobe issues emergency fix for Flash zero-day
Saturday 24 January 2015
- Adobe gets second Flash zero-day patch ready 2 days early!
- SCADA programmers? It's time for security by default! 60 Sec Security [VIDEO]
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.