Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
Monday 2 February 2015
- Hackers breach password database at Atlassian's "HipChat" collaboration service
- Anatomy of a browser dilemma – how HSTS 'supercookies' make you choose between privacy or security
- Baby monitor hijacked; change default password urges Foscam
Tuesday 3 February 2015
- "Exploit This": Evaluating the exploit skills of malware groups
- News Flash! 3rd time unlucky! New 0-day hits Adobe's browser plug-in…
- Google extends its all-seeing eye, invites third party apps to Google Now
- Google redesigns security warnings after 70% of Chrome users ignore them
Wednesday 4 February 2015
- Internet Explorer has a Cross Site Scripting zero-day bug
- D-Link routers vulnerable to DNS hijacking
- Revenge-porn website operator Kevin Bollaert guilty of identity theft and extortion
- New-style ransomware locks out your customers – demands money to let them log back in
- Google, Amazon, Microsoft pay to get ads past Adblock Plus
Thursday 5 February 2015
- Silk Road's Ross Ulbricht found guilty, may face life sentence
- Cat and mouse game is over for Japanese death threat hacker
- Canary Watch site will keep an eye out for vanishing warrant canaries
- SSCC 184 – What's the lifespan of a GHOST? [PODCAST]
Friday 6 February 2015
- More iCloud phishing: don't get sucked in
- Facebook's DeepFace facial recognition technology has human-like accuracy
- Want to be a safer surfer? Join our Twitter Chat on Safer Internet Day!
- Twitter CEO admits: 'We suck at dealing with abuse and trolls'
- US health insurer Anthem drained of 80 million records
Saturday 7 February 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.