Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
→ Can’t view the video on this page? Watch directly from YouTube. Can’t hear the audio? Click on the Captions icon for closed captions.
Monday 4 May 2015
Tuesday 5 May 2015
- Facebook opens up Internet.org but there's no support for HTTPS
- Bugs in the hospital: how to pwn your own pethidine machine
- Police arrest Virginia Tech student over Yik Yak threat
Wednesday 6 May 2015
- SSCC 197 – Could the LOVE BUG virus outbreak happen again? [PODCAST]
- Can the Rombertik malware really "destroy computers"? No, no, three times NO!
- Spamming diet pill pusher Sale Slash has assets frozen by FTC
- Grooveshark is back already. Or is it?
- Geolocation traces stolen watch right to suspect's left wrist
- Microsoft Word Intruder – the malware that writes new malware for you
- Accused game hacker flees to Europe, says he can't afford defence
- Apple confirms: tattooed wrists confuse Watch
Thursday 7 May 2015
- Insulting cops online now illegal in Canadian town
- Police can access phone location data without a warrant, US court rules
Friday 8 May 2015
- The USBKILL anti-forensics tool – it doesn't do *quite* what it says on the tin
- NSA metadata collection is illegal, rules US court
- Apple updates Safari on OS X, fixes critical flaws
- Company posts ad looking for Windows support scammers
- Searchable database of members of intelligence community posted online
Saturday 9 May 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.