Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
→ Can’t view the video on this page? Watch directly from YouTube. Can’t hear the audio? Click on the Captions icon for closed captions.
Monday 11 May 2015
- Russia and China sign cyber security pact, vow not to hack each other
- Lenovo uses System Update to patch serious System Update security hole
- "Creep" shamed on Facebook was actually man taking selfie with Darth Vader
- Game hacker stripped, shamed and given in-game death sentence
Tuesday 12 May 2015
- Cane uses facial recognition to steer the blind to friends and family
- Fuskers busted for allegedly stealing photos from Photobucket
Wednesday 13 May 2015
- Kids' apps and websites set for scrutiny by ICO and other privacy watchdogs
- Pizza Hut steganography – hostage embeds hidden message in pizza order
- Woman sues employer for firing her after she disabled 24×7 monitoring app
- Peeing robot spoils the fun as Google temporarily unplugs map-editing tool
Thursday 14 May 2015
- The VENOM "virtual machine escape" bug – what you need to know
- "Nothing illegal going on here!" says US Army veteran behind Hacker's List
- How to sleep tight and not get scammed on Airbnb
- Warrantless laptop seizure at US borders shouldn't be rubber-stamped, rules judge
Friday 15 May 2015
- Syrian Electronic Army attacks the Washington Post again, hijacks mobile site
- Ransomware attack led animal porn collector to confess to police
- Reddit to crack down on online harassment
- SSCC 198 – "Fusking"? Did I hear that correctly? [PODCAST]
- How one US scientist ended up accused of spying for China
- Three women indicted for allegedly stealing identities from people's passports
- Fujitsu ships first phone with eyeball-scanning authentication
Saturday 16 May 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.