Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
→ Can’t view the video on this page? Watch directly from YouTube. Can’t hear the audio? Click on the Captions icon for closed captions.
Monday 15 June 2015
- Uber petition site pulled after hacker redirected visitors to rival
- Windows 10 patches – will you get them no matter what?
- Online seller of fake Viagra and abortion pills escapes jail time
- France orders Google to scrub search globally in right to be forgotten requests
- Thief who mugged Facebook PlayStation-seller busted thanks to location data
Tuesday 16 June 2015
- Facebook introduces "Moments" – supposedly a safer way to share photos
- Will emoji passcodes put a smile on your face?
- Armed robber caught after confessing on Facebook, "ashamed" emoticon and all
- Thinkuknow: What kids are up to online and how to protect them
- Bad news! LastPass breached. Good news! You should be OK…
Wednesday 17 June 2015
- Google launches Android bug bounty program
- Samsung keyboard app could let a crook crack your phone
- Bing arrives better late than never to the encryption party
- Privacy groups walk out of US talks on facial recognition guidelines
- Swearing on WhatsApp in UAE could result in a fine, jail time or deportation
Thursday 18 June 2015
- DuckDuckGo search traffic soars 600% post-Snowden
- Apple OS X and iOS in the vulnerability spotlight – meet "CORED," also known as "XARA"
- FBI investigates Cardinals for breaking into Astros' database in baseball data theft
- Police break up romance scam gang that fleeced women of $1.5 million
- News sites can be held responsible for user comments
Friday 19 June 2015
- Sony's post-breach woes continue as WikiLeaks dumps 276,000 more documents
- SSCC 203 – What's the worst sort of service to have a password breach? [PODCAST]
- Critical Drupal vulnerability patched — update your website now
- WhatsApp ranked worst at protecting user data
- Former Googler fights adblockers with adblocker blocker
Saturday 20 June 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.