Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
→ Can’t view the video on this page? Watch directly from YouTube. Can’t hear the audio? Click on the Captions icon for closed captions.
Monday 3 August 2015
- Windows 10 spreads the love with updates on the side
- Can you trust Tor's entry guards?
- Facebook rolls out 'Security Checkup' tool to all desktop users
- Mt. Gox founder Mark Karpeles arrested – but not over missing Bitcoinage
Tuesday 4 August 2015
- Black Hat 2015 – get your FREE SOCKS 🙂
- Man arrested for shooting down drone over his property
- Women posed as fake brides to scam ISIS out of $3000
Wednesday 5 August 2015
- Hacked: yup, even your skateboard isn't safe
- Interested in Mac viruses? Here's Thunderstrike 2, a.k.a. the "firmworm"
- Role players get cuddly with photos of other people's kids
- Counterterrorism expert wants to arm US companies with hack-back capabilities
- Someone killed hitchBOT the hitchhiking robot – can humans be trusted?
Thursday 6 August 2015
- Stagefrightened Google, Samsung to push out monthly Android fixes
- Sound: Yet another way to smack down drones
- Tutor gets a year in jail for hacking his students' grades
- SSCC 210 – So many cool new Windows 10 features to opt out of! [PODCAST]
- How your battery life could be used as an undeletable cookie
- EFF and MuckRock run census to find out how local police track your biometrics
Friday 7 August 2015
- Firefox zero-day hole used against Windows and Linux to steal passwords
- Facebook tax refund scam earns Arizona woman 6 years in jail
- Officials blame Russia for Pentagon Joint Chiefs of Staff email hack
- Law enforcement is learning to navigate the Dark Web
- SSCC 210.5 – Live at BlackHat USA 2015 [PODCAST]
Sunday 9 August 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcasts:
So many cool new Windows 10 features to opt out of! (SSCC 210)
Live at BlackHat USA 2015 (SSCC 210.5)
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.