Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
→ Can’t view the video on this page? Watch directly from YouTube. Can’t hear the audio? Click on the Captions icon for closed captions.
Monday 10 August 2015
- Google, Facebook and Twitter join forces to combat child abuse imagery
- Google profits from YouTube RAT infestation, says consumer group
Tuesday 11 August 2015
- Another Android hole: "OCtoRuTA" – One (Java) Class to Rule Them All
- Stingray-like phone spying machine used to blackmail and rig state tenders
- Change this Facebook setting so you can't be searched for by phone number
Wednesday 12 August 2015
- FBI catches swatter who said "you can't catch a hacker"
- Adobe and PageFair claim ad blockers will cost business $22 billion in 2015
- Win against ransomware – with free staff Wi-Fi!
- The NSA is funding a 'safer' Internet of Things
- 32 hackers and traders charged with $100m in "insider trading" using stolen press releases
- X-rated videos shown on hacked Brazilian bus station screens
Thursday 13 August 2015
- Apple issues updates for lots of critical holes – patch now!
- Cyberflasher Airdrops rude images to victim’s iPhone
- The latest accessory to flummox facial recognition cameras – the Privacy Visor!
- Man calls police 'slackers' on Facebook, falls foul of Spain's new 'gag law'
- A virus on a *Mac*? Is NOTHING sacred? [Chet Chat Podcast 211]
Friday 14 August 2015
- How not to be "cyberflashed" on your iPhone
- Webcam spy sends couple photos of previous night's Netflix snuggle session
- Cybersquatter frenzy as Google becomes Alphabet without owning alphabet.com
- Craigslist sex ad used for 'retribution' against FBI agent, Feds say
- Pregnancy groups warn of 'Preggophiles' stealing Facebook photos of baby bumps
Sunday 16 August 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.