Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
→ Can’t view the video on this page? Watch directly from YouTube. Can’t hear the audio? Click on the Captions icon for closed captions.
Monday 31 August 2015
- What Ashley Madison got right
- This email scam targeting businesses is a billion-dollar problem, FBI warns
- Google Chrome will block Flash from tomorrow…well, sort of
- Here's a phish you might not spot – 60 Second Security
Tuesday 1 September 2015
- Secret Service agent pleads guilty to stealing Silk Road bitcoins
- National Crime Agency website DDoSed by Lizard Squad
Wednesday 2 September 2015
- Unsolved cipher mystery: Spaniard says he's cracked Dead Pigeon code
- Google accused of rigging search results by India's competition cops
- Wikipedia blocks sockpuppet accounts amid blackmail claims
- Microsoft Word Intruder Revealed – inside a malware construction kit
- WHSmith contact form spams out personal customer data
- Uber hires the guys who hacked a Jeep to develop safer driverless cars
Thursday 3 September 2015
- Children's apps and websites raise privacy concerns
- Should the US hit China with sanctions over cyberespionage?
Friday 4 September 2015
- To encrypt or not to encrypt?
- US law enforcement now needs a warrant to use stingrays
- Look! A Fraud Fighting Ferret! [Chet Chat Podcast 212]
- 3 ways to get busted on the Dark Web
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.