Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
→ Can’t view the video on this page? Watch directly from YouTube. Can’t hear the audio? Click on the Captions icon for closed captions.
Monday 14 September 2015
- Public library shelves plans to become part of Tor
- Dad sues Facebook after 11-year-old shared photos and messages with men
- Founder of collapsed Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox arrested, charged again
- AI surveillance camera tells you what it sees when it recognises you
- Microsoft downloads Windows 10 to your computer even if you don't want it yet
- We hashed them once, we hashed them twice! 60 Second Security
Tuesday 15 September 2015
- Could a robot write this article?
- Who gives the best advice about password security?
- Drones buzz around LAPD chopper, crash into US Open and football stadiums
- Smartwatch sensors can be used to eavesdrop on the keys you're typing
Wednesday 16 September 2015
- Remember those Facebook "Dislike Button" scams? This time it's real…
- I must not tweet defamatory comments… I must not tweet defamatory comments… I must not…
- Jeb Bush says people need to stop "demonizing" the NSA
- Kim Dotcom of Megaupload will finally face the music over extradition
- Google found guilty of violating antitrust laws
- Anti-refugee posts prompt Facebook to launch hate speech taskforce
Thursday 17 September 2015
- Apple iOS 9 is out – with a LOT of security holes patched
- Why it's not a good idea to leave your fiancée for someone you met online
- Snapchat, less ghostly than ever, now lets you pay to replay snaps
- Child abuser sextortionist hijacked victims' Facebook and email accounts
Friday 18 September 2015
- BitPay spearphished and loses $1.8 million, insurer refuses to pay
- Apple watchOS 2 on hold (but iOS 9 on fire!)
- iTunes 12.3 brings support for two-factor authentication
- Tor relay turned back on after unanimous library vote
- Google fixes an Android Lollipop lockscreen bypass bug – how bad was it?
Saturday 19 September 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.