Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
→ Can’t view the video on this page? Watch directly from YouTube. Can’t hear the audio? Click on the Captions icon for closed captions.
Monday 28 September 2015
- Why Word "macro malware" is back, and what you can do about it…
- Firefox 42 beta launches with Tracking Protection in Private Browsing
- Virus Bulletin Conference – what's changed in 25 years?
- What your 99 cents gets you for buying an iOS adblocking app: adverts
- Facebook unfriending was the last straw in workplace bullying case
Tuesday 29 September 2015
- Take a selfie, post it up/The next five years you'll…be in prison?
- No, you will NOT be charged £5.99 to keep your Facebook posts private!
- 300 million non-suspects could be caught up in airline passenger info grab, warns privacy chief
Wednesday 30 September 2015
- Apple swiftly closes hole in iOS 9 Lock screen
- Snowden joins Twitter, follows the agency that follows everyone else
- Selfies, sharks…and yet another lock screen bug [Chet Chat Podcast 216]
- Google to give marketers the ability to target us via email address
- Your personal cloud of microbes could one day be used to profile you
- Windows 10 is NOT spying on you, Microsoft says
- Which web browser do you trust? [Poll]
Thursday 1 October 2015
- 5 good-news stories to kick off Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Are your fingerprints, email and image worth a cute fake passport?
- Window 7 updates have NOT been hacked after all!
- Millennials: your password is not a selfie and we don't want to see it
- Jail for Russian man who distributed Citadel banking malware to thousands
Friday 2 October 2015
- Patreon crowdfunding site hacked – all it takes is one mistake…
- T-Mobile customers hit by Experian breach get credit monitoring by Experian
- How one man bought Google.com for just $12
- Prepare to be rated on a 5-star scale by 'Peeple', like it or not
- US state police cars hacked
- Step forward, home IT heroes. We want to hear from you…
Saturday 3 October 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcasts:
Live from the Virus Bulletin Conference 2015:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.
Image of days of week courtesy of Shutterstock.