Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Watch the top news in 60 seconds, and then check out the individual links to read in more detail.
→ Can’t view the video on this page? Watch directly from YouTube. Can’t hear the audio? Click on the Captions icon for closed captions.
Monday 19 October 2015
- Amazon sues over 1000 people for posting fake reviews
- Malvertising meets the Daily Mail
- Firefox beats Chrome and Tor in our trustworthy browser poll
- Would you put your kids on Facebook? 60 Second Security
Tuesday 20 October 2015
- Sophos Blog presents – What is…a VPN?
- Internet of Things – do you really need a kettle that can boil your security dry?
- Facebook to warn you of targeted attacks – check this security setting anyway
Wednesday 21 October 2015
- Apple tells judge it's "impossible" to unlock a device running iOS 8 or higher
- New Android Marshmallow devices must have default encryption, Google says
- It's not CLOUD computing, it's CLOWN computing! [Chet Chat Podcast 219]
- 'Teen stoner' who says he hacked CIA head's email quite pleased with himself
- Corrupt ex-DEA agent Carl Force gets 6 years for extorting Silk Road
Thursday 22 October 2015
- US Navy renews training in celestial navigation over GPS hack fears
- Online pharmacy fined for selling user data to lottery company and others
- Snapchat makes users happier than Facebook, apparently
- Your face could be sucked off Facebook and on to a national biometric database
Friday 23 October 2015
- TalkTalk suffers major data breach affecting up to 4 million customers
- FCC plans weekly name and shame list of robocallers
- Check your Facebook settings to make sure your posts aren't searchable
- The $1million Apple iTunes gift card scam
- How a law making car hacking illegal could make us all less safe
- DARPA sets its sights on image manipulation
- Apple closes a raft of "drive-by download" holes in OS X and iOS
Saturday 24 October 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.