Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 30 November 2015
- Tor looks to reduce dependency on US government money
- Malware-as-a-service Fully UnDetectable operators busted
- Software pirate gets 200k views on ‘public humiliation’ video, evades fines
- Pirate Bay can’t be blocked, says Swedish court
- VTech breached, customer data stolen. Change your password now!
- “Walter Mitty type” IT manager jailed over attempted dark web gun buy
- Why you shouldn’t have geolocation turned on if you’re a racist
- Millions of Internet Things are “secured” by the same “private” keys
Tuesday 1 December 2015
- Hotel worker fired for sending Facebook abuse to journalist
- Advent tip #1: Clean up your passwords before Christmas
- Photos of kids and parents, chatlogs, audio files stolen in VTech breach
Wednesday 2 December 2015
- The next version of the web has a message for the NSA
- Apple pays out after Genius bar worker wipes honeymooner’s iPhone
- Advent tip #2: Defend yourself from ransomware – back up your files!
- 37,000 websites selling counterfeit goods taken down in global effort
Thursday 3 December 2015
- Robot that was “busted” for buying drugs on the Dark Web is back
- IRS says it will get warrants before using stingrays
- Anatomy of a Wi-Fi hole: Take care in your hotel this Christmas!
- How much money should you fork over to that internet cutie pie?
- Google accused of spying on students in FTC complaint
- Advent tip #3: Set your Facebook posts to ‘Friends only’
Friday 4 December 2015
- Advent tip #4: Unsolicited tech support call? Just hang up!
- Target settles with banks for $39 million after epic data breach
Saturday 5 December 2015
- Chat logs, sure, but *children’s* chat logs? [Chet Chat Podcast 224]
- Advent tip #5: Change default passwords on baby monitors and webcams
Sunday 6 December 2015
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.