Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 7 December 2015
- The Internet of Things includes safety equipment vulnerable to a remote ‘attacker with low skill’
- Has Mark Zuckerberg left Facebook? No, but a bug made it look that way
- Company told to stop Facebook naming and shaming overdue customers
- Yahoo Mail fixed against evil emails you didn’t need to open
- Advent tip #7: Do I really still need Flash? No. No you don’t.
- George Zimmerman’s Twitter account suspended after he posts ‘semi-nude’ photos of woman
- Yahoo Messenger joins the “unsend” bandwagon
Tuesday 8 December 2015
- Advent tip #8: (Don’t) click here for a free iPhone!
- Facebook hoax alert! No, Mark Zuckerberg is not giving $4.5m to people like YOU and ME
- Alleged hit-and-run foiled after driver’s car calls the cops on her
- A search engine for the Internet of (insecure) Things
- Suspected Silk Road architect Variety Jones arrested in Thailand
Wednesday 9 December 2015
- Campaign targets youngest cybercrooks
- Drone footage leads to arrest of alleged prostitute and john
- Advent tip #9: Think before you share on social media
Thursday 10 December 2015
- Phony WhatsApp update could cost you much more than a dollar
- ‘Pedo hunter’ who posed as teen to extort others accepted payment in Amazon vouchers
- Microsoft warns of possible attacks after Xbox Live certificate leaked
- Bill requiring reporting of social media terrorist content is back
- Advent tip #10: Don’t put off those updates!
- Underwear thief used Instagram location data to find victim’s homes
- Internet DNS servers withstand huge DDoS attack
Friday 11 December 2015
- £50K insurance policy offers to cover victims of cyberbullying
- Teen cooks a turkey with flame-shooting drone
- My Talking Tom offers up naked selfie ads to kids
- Advent tip #11: Ask permission to post photos, not forgiveness!
Saturday 12 December 2015
Sunday 13 December 2015
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.