Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 14 December 2015
- Exploit upgrade for Microsoft Word Intruder crimeware kit
- Twitter users targeted in possible state-sponsored attacks
- Advent tip #14: Beware of login links in emails!
- US State Dept. cyberstalker pleads guilty to sextortion
- Google extends Safe Browsing to Android Chrome
- Steam tightens security to stem tide of 77,000 monthly hijackings
- Monday review – the hot 28 stories of the week
Tuesday 15 December 2015
- MacKeeper fails to keep 13 million Mac users safe
- Advent tip #15: Set your Facebook so you can’t be searched for by phone number or email
- Tor Project’s new director faces big challenges in reaching broader public
- Car parking apps vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks
- Massive high school texting scandal results in… sanity!
- VTech: 21-year-old man arrested after toy maker hack
Wednesday 16 December 2015
- Spoiler alert! Try these “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” spoiler-blocker extensions
- Police could hack any device, even toys, under UK surveillance draft bill
- Advent tip #16: Logout when you’re done. Yes, even from Facebook!
- OFFICIAL! Good passwords more difficult than rocket science
- Ban under-16s from social media? Europe says no!
- HIV dating app leaks sensitive user data, threatens infection when alerted
- Register your hobby drones by 19 February 2016, declares FAA
- Facebook rolls out Security Checkup tool to Android users
Thursday 17 December 2015
- No, IKEA is NOT selling a swastika-shaped table called Hadolf
- Advent tip #17: “Reply All” is probably not what you want
- Facebook throttles antagonistic, drive-by ‘fake name’ reporting
- Facebook, Google and Twitter agree to German demand to delete hate speech within 24 hours
Friday 18 December 2015
- Crooks update their exploits – have you updated your Office?
- Can tech billionaire Elon Musk save us from evil robots?
- Advent tip #18: Avoid typosquatting – type carefully at Christmas!
- Should visitors to Islamic State sites face punishments like fines or jail time?
- WhatsApp blocked in Brazil after it refuses to hand over user data
- Hackers plan to ruin Christmas for gamers again
Saturday 19 December 2015
Sunday 20 December 2015
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.