Here are all our stories from the past week.
Don’t forget to revisit our Advent Tips, especially if you’re looking for simple, straight-talking advice you can show to your friends and family to help them stay more secure in 2016.
Monday 21 December 2015
- Apple CEO Tim Cook sticks to his guns: “No encryption backdoors”
- Advent tip #21: Bought online? Watch out for bogus courier emails!
- Facebook spars with researcher who says he found “Instagram’s Million Dollar Bug”
- Woman sues Airbnb over hidden surveillance cam found in rental
- Democrats’ database bug spotlights the rise of big data in elections
- iOS banking app security: getting better, but still bad!
Tuesday 22 December 2015
- The Current State of Ransomware – a new paper from SophosLabs
- Advent tip #22: Got a new gadget for Christmas? Stop. Think. Connect.
- Facebook moves videos away from Flash, onto HTML5, for all browsers
- 3.3 million Hello Kitty fans exposed in database leak
- “Most Hated Man in America” Martin Shkreli’s Twitter feed hijacked
Wednesday 23 December 2015
- How’s this for a gift? Try our new free Sophos Home on your PCs and Macs this Christmas
- Advent tip #23: Check that Java is turned off in your browser
- Grindr being used to target and rob gay men
- Cops crush claimed karaoke copyright crooks’ conspiracy
- 1 in 4 people will be hit by a data breach by 2020 – what are you doing to secure yourself?
- Welcome to HTTP error code 451: Unavailable for legal reasons
- This family lets you control their Christmas lights over the internet
Thursday 24 December 2015
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.