Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 4 January 2016
Tuesday 5 January 2016
- Google fixes another “Stagefright” type bug in Android mediaserver
- Jailbreak! Sony PS4 “can now run Linux”
- Kid spends $5900 playing Jurassic World on Dad’s iPad. Here’s how to prevent that happening to you.
- Politwoops’ archive of deleted tweets will soon be back after Twitter reopens API
Wednesday 6 January 2016
- Netherlands opposes backdoors, but encryption still under assault
- Ukraine power outages blamed on “hackers and malware” – the lessons to learn
- Please don’t pray for the dog injured in a fire, it’s just ham
Thursday 7 January 2016
- Stop using Internet Explorer after next Tuesday! (Sort of)
- Millions of server logs injected with poem inviting them to jump in the river
- Gozi virus author finally sentenced – should be out and home soon
- Power grids, alarming alarms and penguin-packing game consoles [Chet Chat Podcast 226]
Friday 8 January 2016
- Dump Trump! A Chrome extension to censor “The Donald” from the web
- The SLOTH attacks: why laziness about cryptography puts security at risk
- Smart hearts and the Internet of Things
- Uber settles “God View”, data breach probes, gets $20K slap on wrist
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.