Here you go: the 22 hot stories of the past week, all in one convenient place.
Catch up on what you missed!
Monday 11 January 2016
- Could your smartwatch be giving away your ATM pin?
- Hacked Twitter account embarrasses UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn
- Fitbit users fall victim to account takeovers. Don’t reuse passwords!
- Majority of parents monitor their teens’ digital activity. Do you?
- Can Silicon Valley help fight terrorism and still protect privacy?
- Ransomware evolution: Another brick in the CryptoWall
Tuesday 12 January 2016
- Cyber Squirrel 1: What you need to know
- Ex-Cardinals exec: Yes, I hacked rival Astros’ database
- Apple buys emotion-reading AI company Emotient
- Newsflash: Tor can be used for good – just ask these journalists
Wednesday 13 January 2016
- eBay XSS bug left users vulnerable to (almost) undetectable phishing attacks
- Police say they can read BlackBerry PGP encrypted email
- Google takes another stab at killing passwords
- Internet Explorer 11 – now the only way to go
Thursday 14 January 2016
- Bye-bye IE, IoT security, Blackberry crypto and botched ransomware [Chet Chat Podcast 227]
- Top spy James Clapper is latest victim of (alleged) teen hackers
- Yahoo settles class action suit over scanning email for ad targeting
- Ukrainian power grid was hit by “co-ordinated cyberattack”
Friday 15 January 2016
- Malvertising – why fighting adblockers gets users’ backs up
- Student who hacked college website escapes jail time, gets job offers
- New York tries to force phone makers to put in crypto backdoors
- Wanted man nabbed after he sends police a more flattering mug shot
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.