Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 1 February 2016
- Adblocker blockers move to a whole new level
- Drone near misses on the up at UK and US airports
- Basic error can reveal hidden dark web sites
- Text message spammers busted in dark web market takedown get probation
- Can you ‘Spark Joy’ with your security?
- Is that webcam *supposed* to be on the internet? [Chet Chat Podcast 229]
Tuesday 2 February 2016
- Where do US presidential candidates stand on privacy and surveillance?
- You need these critical Android updates – but will you get them?
- Goodbye and good riddance: Oracle finally ditches Java browser plug-in
- Apple’s Siri finally stops sending abortion seekers to adoption centers
- Police train birds of prey to take out drones
Wednesday 3 February 2016
- Silk Road bitcoin-stealing Secret Service agent re-arrested
- Bot fixes buggy code so you don’t have to
- Dark web is mostly illegal, say researchers
- Mass spammer gets 27 months in the slammer
- Samsung’s default mobile browser now supports ad blocking
Thursday 4 February 2016
- Nuclear secrets spear-phisher pleads guilty
- What is… Tor? (Sophos Blog presents)
- Google plans to fight extremist propaganda with AdWords
Friday 5 February 2016
- Data breach in China: 100 million records used to hack 20 million Taobao users
- Brainprints hit 100% accuracy at identity verification
- Tired of telemarketers? One man has the answer…
- Homeless stripped of free Wi-Fi due to illegal downloaders
- What I learned about online privacy when I signed up to Ashley Madison
Sunday 7 February 2016
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.