Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 15 February 2016
- Are adblocker blockers really THAT bad? [Chet Chat Podcast 231]
- Selfie + money + Snapchat = robbed! Don’t flash your cash…
- Follower: the “creepiest social network” that follows you in real life
- Stung by stingrays: NYPD reveals over 1000 cellphone interceptions
- Android inventor wants to give out free dashcams… in exchange for your data
- Please vote for Naked Security in the 2016 Security Blogger Awards!
- Secret Facebook groups being used by pedophiles to swap obscene images
Tuesday 16 February 2016
- Hollywood hospital held to ransom by cybercrooks
- Ringo Starr’s Twitter account hacked (peace and love)
- Voice-activated drone, baby monitor win Amazon’s IoT contest
- Teacher’s sex tape stolen from hacked Dropbox, posted on school site
Wednesday 17 February 2016
- Apple says NO to iPhone backdoor in terror case
- Instagram bug could have allowed others to read your direct messages
- “Locky” ransomware: What you need to know
- Bomb threats for sale from as little as $5
Thursday 18 February 2016
- More IoT insecurity: The surveillance camera that anyone can log into
- Wi-Fi password-granting banana shuffles off its mortal coil
- Do you trust the new breed of talking (and listening) toys?
Friday 19 February 2016
- Sophos says: #nobackdoors!
- Come on Ringo, .75 million followers deserve better [Chet Chat Podcast 232]
- DVR snaps stills from CCTV surveillance and sends them to China
- Google, WhatsApp, Microsoft back Apple’s defiance on encryption order
- Hollywood hospital coughs up 40 bitcoins to ransomware crooks
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.