Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
Monday 7 March 2016
- 7 tips for securing the Internet of Things
- Let your uSeRS chOOse wACKy passWords, US banks!
- “Hack the Pentagon” bug bounty program announced
- Match.com rapist jailed for life
- Pirates hacked shipping company to steal info for efficient hijackings
Tuesday 8 March 2016
- How one man could have broken into any Facebook account
- Someone is Rickrolling people using fake parking tickets
- Your smartphone fingerprint reader could be hacked using paper and ink
- Unlock iPhone without passcode using Siri – video is bogus
- Live from RSA – Endpoint security is dead, long live endpoint security [Chet Chat Podcast 234]
- Ransomware arrives on the Mac: OSX/KeRanger-A – what you need to know
Wednesday 9 March 2016
- Security SOS Week: Social engineering, malvertising, a hacker’s toolkit, and more
- More companies snared by same type of phishing attack that hit Snapchat
- Rate people as if they were a product – Peeple has officially arrived
- Erin Andrews awarded $55m over nude video shot through hotel door peep hole
Thursday 10 March 2016
- Forget fingerprints, ears are so next season in biometrics
- Truckers: how anyone could track you on the IoT
- Will Google AI conquer the world’s toughest game Go?
- IRS yanks anti-identity-theft tool IP PIN over 800 identity thefts
- Facebook friend request from victim prompts thief to turn himself in
Friday 11 March 2016
- Flash zero-day prompts emergency update from Adobe
- Facebook in Germany: definitely NOT a “Like”
- IS defector steals USB stick revealing 22K members identities
- Man jams “annoying” fellow commuters’ phone signals, gets charged with felony
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.