Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 16 May 2016
- Don’t fall for the washing machine conman Facebook scam
- Real-life hacker finds serious bug in hacker TV show Mr. Robot website
- My anti-virus is up to date so I am protected, right?
Tuesday 17 May 2016
- Apple’s big security update – but some iPad Pro users say they’ve been “bricked”
- Basic phone logs can reveal intimate details, study finds
- Gunfight at the iOS corral as Apple releases 9.3.2 but bans jailbreak detector app
- Pornhub says hacker’s claim of taking control of web server is a hoax
- Facebook, YouTube and Twitter face legal action over hate speech
Wednesday 18 May 2016
- Runkeeper says “sorry!” for sending your every move to an ad service
- Vote for Naked Security in the European Security Blogger Awards!
- Fake, violent YouTube video makers imprisoned
- Yet more bad news for Flash as Google Chrome says goodbye (sort of)
Thursday 19 May 2016
- TeslaCrypt ransomware gang reveals master key to decrypt files
- What are 150,000 stolen press releases worth? About 20 years in prison
- Millions of LinkedIn passwords up for sale on the dark web
- Firefox users left feeling vulnerable as judge keeps Tor hack under wraps
Friday 20 May 2016
- Google Chrome provokes browser backspace security controversy
- This wristband gives you an electric shock when you overspend
- Actor sues Facebook after ex-girlfriend sends nude pics to fake profile
- Published personal data on 70,000 OkCupid users taken down after DMCA order
Sunday 22 May 2016
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.