Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 11 July 2016
- Datadog bitten by data breach, kills all passwords
- Big “carding gang” bust announced by Europol: 105 arrests across 15 countries
- Facebook-shamer outs woman he overheard bragging about infidelity
- How to set up two-step authentication for WordPress.com
Tuesday 12 July 2016
- Fake Pokémon GO app watches you, tracks you, listens to your calls
- Rigged YouTube videos can use Siri and Google Now to hijack your phone
- Facebook tests end-to-end encrypted Secret Conversations on Messenger
Wednesday 13 July 2016
- Ransomware that demands money and gives you back… nothing!
- New tool sniffs out leaked passwords reused on other sites
- California lawmakers want to bring down the hammer on ransomware
Thursday 14 July 2016
- Mr. Robot: Season 2 starts – just how realistic is it?
- Pwned by your printer! Microsoft patches critical Printer Spooler bug
- Fiat Chrysler launches Detroit’s first bug bounty program for car hackers
- Police raid homes over Facebook hate speech
- US senator: what does Pokémon GO know about us and our kids?
- Oklahoma police and bank exposed by leaky database
Friday 15 July 2016
- What *is* that creature I see before me? (Chet Chat Podcast 246)
- Serial swatter, stalker and doxer Mir Islam given 2 years prison
- Microsoft wins email privacy battle against US government
- Setting up two-factor authentication on eBay: harder than it should be
- Users sign away their firstborns on fake social network
- Card fraud now hits nearly one third of consumers worldwide
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
(Audio player above not working? Download MP3, listen on Soundcloud or access via iTunes.)
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.
Image of days of week courtesy of Shutterstock.