Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 18 July 2016
- Pokémon GO: PoodleCorp threatens DDoS outage on August 1
- Mystery surrounds $2M ATM “jackpotting” attack in Taiwan
- DARPA to stage an AI hacking tournament at DEF CON/Black Hat
- Convicted child predator arrested for allegedly playing Pokémon GO with kids
Tuesday 19 July 2016
- HTTPoxy – the disease that could make your web server spring a leak
- WikiLeaks suffers ‘sustained attack’ after announcing release of Turkish government docs
- Why you should use a password manager
- Warning issued over baby monitor, webcam, IoT security… again!
Wednesday 20 July 2016
- Update now: Macs and iPhones have a Stagefright-style bug!
- Snapchat turns facial recognition technology on its head
- WhatsApp blocked, back up again after third court-order in Brazil
- Facebook is tracking what you do within apps for better targeted advertising
- Baseball scouting exec gets 46 months for guessing rival team’s password
- Researcher dials for dollars using two-factor authentication phone calls
Thursday 21 July 2016
- SeaWorld hacker and bomb hoaxer escapes prison sentence
- Microsoft given 3 months to fix Windows 10 security and privacy
- Mr. Robot: Season 2 Episode 2 – digging into the details
- Drone operator arrested for flying over wildfire
Friday 22 July 2016
- Snowden joins “Against the Law” project to build spy-proof iPhones
- “Selfie war” paramedics accused of taking photos with unconscious patients
- Bathroom Snapchat video of suicide teen ruled criminal by court
- Pokémon GO finally live in Japan after leaked email delays launch
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
(Audio player above not working? Download MP3, listen on Soundcloud or access via iTunes.)
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.