Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 8 August 2016
- Tor can be cracked “like eggshells”, warns US judge
- Tesla Model S’s autopilot can be blinded with off-the-shelf hardware
Tuesday 9 August 2016
- “900 million Androids vulnerable to Quadrooter bugs” – what you need to know
- Fake QR code app gets hacker into luxury airport lounges for free
- What your hacked account is worth on the Dark Web
- Email: how secure is yours? [Survey]
- Nigerian scammer infects himself with malware
- Blabbing on social media foils terrorists’ rocket attack plan
Wednesday 10 August 2016
- Facebook’s favorite hacker is back – with an ironic security hole
- Teen hacker flies to Black Hat on his one million free airmiles
- 5 critical holes fixed in Microsoft’s August 2016 updates – patch now!
- Faceless recognition can identify you, even when your face is hidden
Thursday 11 August 2016
- Mr. Robot eps2.4m4ster-s1ave.aes – the security review
- Couple sue over IP glitch that repeatedly sent Feds to their house
- Feds move to stop social media mockery of nursing home residents
- Facebook starts bypassing adblockers
Friday 12 August 2016
- IBM PC is 35 – let’s all go back to the 80s!
- Facebook rolls out code to kick the shins off Adblock Plus reblocking
- Text messages aren’t private, judge rules
- SMS or authenticator app – which is better for two-factor authentication?
- Exploit broker offers 2.5 times what Apple offers for serious iOS bugs
- Facebook shutters Bloke’s Advice group after posts encouraged assault
- Researchers announce Linux kernel “network snooping” bug
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.