Get yourself up to date with everything we've written in the last seven days – it's weekly roundup time.
Monday 26 September 2016
- Don’t drill a headphone jack hole into your iPhone 7! It’s a hoax
- Back to college/university? Don’t take cybercriminals with you!
- Will quantum teleportation defeat quantum decryption?
- We’re the government, and we’re here to help! [Chet Chat Podcast 252]
- 77% of adblocker users feel guilty about it
- Yelp fights court order to remove negative review of law firm
Tuesday 27 September 2016
- Mamba ransomware strikes at your whole disk, not just your files
- Girls’ fashion hangout site leaking millions of plaintext passwords
- College student arrested for allegedly hacking system to change grades
- Are Snap(chat)’s Spectacles the new Google Glass?
Wednesday 28 September 2016
- Mozilla to take action against WoSign’s woeful cryptographic blunders
- Marissa Mayer declined to reset Yahoo users’ passwords 2 years ago
- Facebook ordered to stop collecting WhatsApp user data in Germany
- Opera browser starts running traffic through its own “VPN”
Thursday 29 September 2016
- FBI probes possible hacks targeting phones of Democratic Party staff
- Why a massive DDoS attack on a blogger has internet experts worried
- SMS spammer cops big fine for close to 8 million text message spams
- Major bank attacks thwarted by SWIFT thinking
- Pippa Middleton’s hacked iCloud photos banned from publication
Friday 30 September 2016
- Japanese man arrested for selling jailbroken iPhones
- Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft and IBM team up on AI
- DMV worker accused of using state computer to ask customer on a date
- Use stronger authentication, urge White House and tech companies
Listen to the week’s Sophos Security Chet Chat podcast:
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.Follow @NakedSecurity